Teach English in Panama
We’ll help you with everything you need before you depart on this volunteering adventure, including our on-going support from the moment you arrive.
Our Program Coordinators have all taught or volunteered abroad. We’ll guide you every step of the way!
Volunteer in Pedasi, Panama
Volunteer as an English teacher in the charming coastal town of Pedasi, Panama, 4 hours away from Panama City. With its rustic beaches and quaint architecture, Pedasi remains quiet and authentic, despite increasing popularity with tourists.
Teaching English in Pedasi, you’ll be making an important contribution to the education of underprivileged students. You’ll also have ample opportunities to travel in the region, which boasts a range of activities such as surfing, snorkelling and fishing.
Do you want to find out more about Volunteering in Limpopo? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 1 business day!
Volunteering in Panama Overview
This is a volunteer teaching program where you will be working in an after school program, empowering students aged 6-12 with English communication skills.The main language in Pedasi is Spanish.
Participants in the program will live in communal accommodation in Pedasi and work in the afternoons from Monday to Thursday.
You’ll have mornings and long weekends to relax and explore.
- Our next intake is on 22 June and then again in September
- Program duration of 4 to 12 weeks
- Accommodation provided
- 2 nights in Panama City on the weekend of arrival
- Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for your adventure
- Teach from a government curriculum with course materials and teaching support provided
- You’ll have mornings and 3-day long weekends to relax and explore Panama! Our in-country partners can provide advice and support for weekend adventure
- FREE to apply – program fee payable upon acceptance!
- 24/7 in-country support
This program offers you the opportunity to live in a beautiful region in Panama and contribute to local education and cultural exchange.
You will have the chance to see beyond the tourist route and gain insight into the Panamanian way of life.
- Rewarding teaching program with great support from our in-country partners
- Comfortable shared accommodation, including meals on teaching days
- Plenty of time off to enjoy the beach and explore the country
- Affordable living costs
- Brainstorming sessions every Monday to prepare you for the week’s teaching
- Fun extracurricular activities at least once a week
What is included in the TravelBud program fee?
PRE DEPARTURE SUPPORT
- Getting the necessary documentation prepared prior to departure
- Answering your questions to help ease any anxieties you may have regarding your trip.
24/7 DEDICATED ON THE GROUND SUPPORT
- On-the-ground support and personal assistance throughout the duration of your volunteering.
- Teaching resources and support from local teachers. There is always a supervisor that teachers can go to for help with their teaching tasks.
- Airport pick up and 2 nights in a hostel in Panama City, including a city tour!
- Communal accommodation in Pedasi with no more than 3 people per shared-gender room
- 3 home cooked meals per day from Monday to Thursday! Dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Work in the afternoons from Monday to Thursday
- You’ll have mornings and 3-day long weekends to relax and explore Panama! Our in-country partners can provide advice and support for weekend adventures.
TravelBud program coordinators and support staff have all taught or volunteered abroad and will give you honest, first-hand insight into any questions or queries you might have.
What’s not included in the TravelBud program fee?
- Meals on weekends
- Accommodation and transport for any weekend excursions – our in-country partners can provide advice and support for these adventures.
- Travel insurance – TravelBud can advise you on the best available options
Arrival and Orientation
Arrivals are on Fridays, with the following the schedule:
- Airport pickup
- Two nights in a Panama City hostel in Casco Viejo (Spanish for Old Quarter), the historic district of the city.
- Panama City tour during the day. Not to be missed!
- Night off.
- Van ride to Pedasi, pick up at 10am. It’s a 4-hour ride to Pedasi.
- Orientation in Pedasi, house rules and basic information on life in the charming coastal town.
- Brainstorming session to assign your first teaching tasks for the week.
- Brainstorming sessions take place every Monday to help you plan your week ahead.
- Course materials provided.
- There is always a supervisor that teachers can go to for help with their teaching tasks.
What are the eligibility requirements for the program?
- Native English speaker or C2 English level
- Spanish is not required but will be beneficial
- 21 – 40 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree preferable but not mandatory
- Positive attitude and lots of energy a must
- Self-motivated and adaptable
What is the cost of participating in the program?
Change to your currency. Default prices in USD. Please take note that the amount reflected above is based on the current exchange rate and may fluctuate due to exchange rate volatility on the day of being invoiced.
Enrollment Fee once accepted: $400
Final payment: $1600
Note: Final payment is dependent on your length of stay. Refer to the table below for duration options.
Keep in mind that the longer you spend teaching, the greater your impact will be.
Volunteering in the field of education involves building relationships with your students and fellow educators.
By committing more time to the program, you are able to engage more deeply with your students and with the culture in general.
|LENGTH||4 WEEKS||6 WEEKS||8 WEEKS||12 WEEKS|
WHAT TO BUDGET
The program covers 3 meals a day, Monday through Thursday, plus accommodation during the entirety of a volunteer’s program.
A reasonable weekly budget for other expenses (laundry, leisure activities, etc.) is +-$30 in Pedasi.
Volunteers have the opportunity to travel around for the weekends, with trips being around $150 – $300. These trips are completely up to volunteers and our in-country partners will provide advice and support for weekend adventures.
When can you start your journey Teaching English in Panama?
22 June 2018
We’re Here to Help
We’ll answer all your questions and guide you every step of the way!